Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TRAILER PREVIEW: The Avengers

The A-team... no wait hang on... 
Marvel have just released the new Teaser/Trailer for The Avengers which showcases Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and a few others in a new ensemble superhero blockbuster. My verdict? I'm not so sure. The trouble is all these characters have just come off successful features dedicated to themselves and as an ensemble, the storyline might be compromised to accommodate satisfactory participation. With The Avengers, I also wonder about the balance. Is it just me or do Hawkeye and Black Widow come across as lesser heroes?... I suppose we can't all be Gods of Thunder. The other thing is that the baddie is the same dude from Thor, who Thor beat by himself in the previous film. Why does he now need all the others to help? One cool thing I did like was seeing Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He's the only actor who hasn't been seen in role yet, and might provide something fresh for the film.

Much of this is based on assumption and hopefully a full trailer to reveal a little more to put these concerns to bed.